During one of the first few meetings, discuss and brainstorm how you can make the coalition visible in the community. Ask how team members would prefer to do this, and listen to their suggestions.
Some ideas for branding and advertising are:
- Design a logo, or use the logo we created. (Example above)
- Purchase gear with your logo for your coalition members. You can find many online companies that make this gear, including 4imprint.com , www.epromos.com , www.branders.com or www.pinnaclepromotions.com.
Examples of gear that might help get out the word include:
- Name tags
- Car visors
You can also:
- Perform “Seat Check” events in highly visible places.
- Create posters and flyers with pictures of coalition members doing seat checks.
- Hand out stickers or provide incentives at community events.
- Advertise in the Tribal newsletter with photos or event details.
- Attend monthly council and tribal meetings, and let the community know who’s on the team and what’s happening.