At the end of the training, make sure you discuss ways that law enforcement officers can become more involved in child passenger safety.
- Help at an information booth. That way, parents and caregivers get used to seeing officers in the community.
- Issue stickers and other incentive items to children when they see them using their car seat.
- Become a certified CPST. This might be a requirement of some highway safety grants to certify an officer.
- Drop in at a car seat education class. It’s a good way to meet parents and caregivers.
- Recruit other people to participate in the child safety seat campaign.